Sign up for our FREE Safe Sleep Week events. Safe Sleep Week will be held from 6 to 12 March 2023. Safe Sleep Week is Red Nose’s annual national awareness campaign to help save little lives.
Safe Sleep Week provides practical advice to parents, caregivers, educators and health professionals to help reduce the risk of sudden and unexpected death in infancy (including SIDS and fatal sleep accidents).
Throughout the week, we will explore such topics as:
• Why you should always sleep baby on their back
• Why baby’s head and face should be uncovered during sleep
• How to create a safe sleep environment
• Why sleeping baby in your room is best
• How health professionals can better communicate with families around the Six Safe Sleep Guidelines
• plus breastfeeding and its benefits
Safe Sleep Week 2023 will be running across Red Nose’s social media channels and website and will include FREE online events.
We are excited to offer the following FREE events
- For new or soon to be parents - Tips and Traps: Using the Safe Sleep Recommendations with your bub - 7 March 2023 - Learn more
- For First Nations Families - Yarning about Safe Sleep - 8 March 2023 - Learn more
- For medical professionals - Tips and Traps: Applying the Safe Sleep Recommendations in the clinical setting - 9 March 2023 - Learn more
- For Early Learning workers - Why Safe Sleep is important and how the sector can prepare for changes to regulatory requirements -9 March 2023 - Learn more
To reduce the risks of SIDS and fatal sleep accidents
Our six Safe Sleep recommendations
- Always place baby on their back to sleep - Learn more
- Keep baby’s face and head uncovered - Learn more
- Keep baby smoke free, before and after birth - Learn more
- Safe sleeping environment, night and day - Learn more
- Sleep baby in their own safe sleep space in the parent or caregiver’s room for the first 6 months - Learn more
- Breastfeed baby - Learn more
Safe Sleep Week is proudly supported by Bonds, Sheridan and V-Tech