1. Fleming, P.J., Blair, P,S,, Bacon, C, & Berry, P.J. (Eds.). (2000). Sudden unexpected deaths in infancy: The CESDI SUDI studies 1993-1996. London: The Stationery Office.
2. Schlaud, M., Dreier, M., Debertin, A.S., Jachau, K., Heide, S., Giebe, B., … Kleemann WJ. (2010). The German case-control scene investigation study on SIDS: epidemiological approach and main results. International Journal of Legal Medicine, 124(1):19-26.
3. Blair, P.S., Sidebotham, P., Evason-Coombe, C., Edmonds, M., Heckstall-Smith, E.M., Fleming, P. (2009). Hazardous cosleeping environments and risk factors amenable to change: case-control study of SIDS in south west England. BMJ, 339, b3666.
4. Thompson, J.M., Thach, B.T., Becroft, D.M., Mitchell, E,A, & New Zealand Cot Death Study Group. (2006). Sudden infant death syndrome: risk factors for infants found face down differ from other SIDS cases. Journal of Pediatrics, 149(5),630-633.
5. Byard, R.W., Beal, S. & Bourne, A.J.(1994). Potentially dangerous sleeping environments and accidental asphyxia in infancy and early childhood. Archives of Disease in Childhood, 71(6), 497-500.
6. Scheers, N.J., Dayton, C.M. & Kemp, J.S. (1998). Sudden infant death with external airways covered: case-comparison study of 206 deaths in the United States. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, 152(6), 540-7.
7. Schluter, Philip & Young, Jeanine. (2002) Reducing the Risk of SIDS: what Infant Care Practices are Being used by Primary Caregivers in Queensland? Neonatal, Paediatric & Child Health Nursing, 5(2), 23-33.
8. Hauck, F.R., Herman, S.M., Donovan, M., Iyasu, S., Merrick Moore, C., Donoghue, E.,… Willinger, M. (2003). Sleep environment and the risk of sudden infant death syndrome in an urban population: the Chicago Infant Mortality Study. Pediatrics, 111(5 Pt 2,1207-14.
9. Yeh, E.S., Rochette, L.M., McKenzie, L.B. & Smith, G.A. (2011). Injuries Associated With Cribs, Playpens, and Bassinets Among Young Children in the US, 1990-2008. Pediatrics,127 ( 3), 479 -486.
10. Chowdhury, R.T. (2011). Nursery Product-Related Injuries and Deaths Among Children Under Age Five. Bethesda: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
11. Byard, R.W. & Beal, S.M. (1997). V-shaped pillows and unsafe infant sleeping. Journal of Paediatrics & Child Health, 33(2),171-3.
12. Bugeja, L., Dwyer, J. & McIntyre, S-J. (2011). Sleep-related infant deaths and the role of cosleeping:a case series study in Victoria Australia. Melbourne: Coroners Court of Victoria.
13. SIDS and Kids. (2011). Sleeping with a baby: What parents should know. Media release. Melbourne: SIDS and Kids.
14. SIDS and Kids. National Scientific Advisory Group (NSAG). (2009). Information Statement: Baby’s head shape. Melbourne, National SIDS Council of Australia.
15. Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. (2007) Cots. Safety Alert Brochure. Retrieved from http://bit.ly/RpYpA1.